If you want to show the revenue/sales information or any other info related to different states of USA on Excel using map ,etc. Snapshot below
- Go to worksheet "Source Data"
- Choose the states in col A of worksheet "Source Data" and add the info you would like to display in the text box in Col B . For example I am showing the sales done in that state.
- Apply VLOOKUP formula to get the X and Y coordinates from the worksheet "Lookup" (Please ensure all state names are correct and as per the list in worksheet "Lookup" .So that formula should not return NA )
- Click on Update chart button
- Goto 'Map" sheet move the mouse over series(RED dots) to display the state name and info provided in Col B.